How to Be a Better Internal Job Candidate
One day workshop
Internal vacancies always present a dilemma for the candidate. Should you assume the interviewers know you well enough to guess at what you donâ€™t tell them?Â Or should you pretend you donâ€™t work here, do what youâ€™d do at another organisation and run the risk of feeling silly?Â This workshop will help you to feel more confident in presenting yourself in the best light when applying for internal vacancies.
What you will learn
- Where are jobs advertised internally, and why some jobs are not advertised
- Assessing yourself â€“ skills, qualities, experience, qualifications
- Analysing job descriptions and person specifications â€“ deciding where your strengths match up.
- A professional approach to applications:
- Use of language
- Brevity and clarity
- Tailoring your additional information to fit the specification
- Providing â€˜evidenceâ€™
- Preparing for the interview
- Planning ahead
- Thinking it through â€“ preparing answers and questions
- First impressions â€“ image and confidence
- Psychometric and skills testing
- Coping with interview panels
- Second impressions - Answering and asking questions effectively
- Following up â€“ keeping the door open for future opportunities!
Who should attend
This workshop would be suitable for those wanting to achieve promotion within their organisation, or who are facing redeployment due to a restructure.