One day course
What is assertiveness?Â It may be easier to say what it is not.Â It is not aggressiveness, selfishness, bossiness, clever techniques, or manipulation.Â Â Why bother learning to be assertive? Being assertive improves a personâ€™s chances of getting what they want; it reduces frustration; and it enables you to deal with difficult situations more effectively.
Above all it is a way of influencing others and communicating with them as equals, so that you build and maintain self-esteem on both sides.
What you will learnÂ
- Behaviour options â€“ defining aggressive, assertive and passive behaviour
- Identifying situations where you wish to be more assertive
- Identifying different behaviours â€“ causes and effects
- Rights and responsibilities
- Understanding Barrier Beliefs
- Practising Assertive Techniques â€“ 3 basic steps, Broken record, Fogging, Positive Inner Dialogue
- Personal Action Planning for confidence
Who should attend
Anyone who would like to learn how to stand up for their rights, to say â€˜noâ€™ courteously, and to have more self confidence in their dealings with others at work.
Feedback from previous delegates:
"Fantastic. This training has really taught me a lot and I am really feeling empowered to put it into practice"