In a search for the qualities possessed by extraordinary leaders, two Americans, Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner, interviewed over 60,000 leaders and team members, and from this distilled the five key attributes that enabled these leaders to achieve amazing results in a huge range of situations. Their work, detailed in the book ‘The Leadership Challenge’ has been tested by extensive research in the UK and found to hold true both here and in Europe.
The five key characteristics identified by this work have become known as the Transformational Leadership model, because such leaders can transform their followers’ commitment to the organisation, their expectations and abilities, and their willingness to take risks.
This workshop encourages delegates to find these characteristics within themselves, and develop practical ways to use them in their management role.
What you will learn:
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Know the five key characteristics of Transformational Leaders:Challenging the status quoInspiring a shared visionEnabling others to actModelling the wayEncouraging the heart
- Have considered to what extent you already possess these characteristics
- Understand why they are important in the current work environment
- Have developed practical ideas on how to use and develop strength in these attributes
- Have developed an action plan for implementing leadership actions in the workplace
Who should attend
Experienced managers wishing to develop their impact and influence in their organisation
For more info phone 01202 883190 or complete booking form