One day workshop
Action Learning sets are groups of managers that meet regularly to seek each otherâ€™s help in taking action on a range of management problems. The facilitated â€˜setsâ€™ draw on the commitment, support and advice of its members, all of whom are wrestling with similar issues and concerns.
Action Learning is a powerful yet low-cost way of sharing learning either within an organisation or between organisations. This workshop covers both the benefits of Action Learning and the skills to set up and facilitate a â€˜setâ€™.
What you will learnÂ
At the end of this workshop participants will:
- understand what Action Learning is and what benefits this approach to learning can offer to both individuals and organisations
- understand the approach to Action Learning
- know how to organise an Action Learning (AL) Set and how to get it up and running
- understand the role of the set facilitator and will have taken part in an action learning â€˜setâ€™ simulation
- feel motivated to go back to the workplace and start an ALset
- appreciate the importance of being a â€˜lifelong learnerâ€™
Who should attend
Anyone interested in using this approach to individual and organisational learning.Â It can be used for developing managerial, leadership, interpersonal or technical skills.